Q1. Name the countries that formed the Axis Bloc, during World War II.
Ans. The countries that formed the Axis Bloc during World War II were Germany, Italy and japan.
Q2. Give a reason as to why Japan Invaded China?
Ans. Reason as to why Japan Invaded China are:-
- Japan’s policy of expansion. (policy of imperialism).
- Japan was determined to dominate the far east.
- Japan's ambition for more conquests and more wealth increased after the first world war. Japan was not satisfied with only Manchuria.
Q3. Why did Hitler demand the Danzig corridor from Poland?
Ans. Hitler demand the Danzig corridor from Poland because:-
- Most Germans lived in Danzig.
- Hitler could link east Russia with Germany through Danzig.
Q4. With reference to the two major world wars in the 20th century, answer the following Questions: state any four causes that led to the second world war.
Ans. Causes that led to the second world war:-
- Dissatisfaction with the treaty of Versailles.
- Rise of Fascism and Nazism.
- Policy of Appeasement.
- Japanese Invasion of China.
- Failure of the League of Nations.
- Hitler’s invasion of Poland.
- Arms race.
- Non-interference of the USA in world affairs.
Q5. What made Japan surrender to the Allies in August 1945.
Ans. The US dropped bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that made Japan surrender on September 2, 1945.
Q6. Why did the American drop the atom bombs on the cities of Hiroshima Nagasaki?
Ans. On the Japanese refusal to surrender, American dropped atom bombs on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Q7. Explain the meaning of the cold war?
Ans. The Cold War is a state of immense political unfriendliness between two or more countries, though they do not fight with each other. It is a state of abnormal peace.
Q8. Name military alliance formed during the cold war period in history.
ANS. Military alliance formed during the cold war period in history are listed down:-
- NATO/SEATO/CENTO- US bloc/Capitalist bloc.
- Warsaw pact- USSR bloc/communist bloc.
Q9. Name one military alliance formed during the cold war period in history.
Ans. Southeast Asia treaty organization (SEATO)
Q10. What is meant by ‘Policy Of Containment’?
Ans. The Truman Doctrine is also known as the policy of containment. Under this, American extended financial and military assistance to all those countries which were threatened by communism.