Q.1. Name the three members of the Cabinet Mission.
Ans. The three members of the Cabinet Mission were: Alexander. The main Purpose of the Cabinet Mission was:-
- To facilitate the transfer of power.
- To help the Indian leader in deciding the form of the government that would suit them after the transfer of power.
- Group A,B and C to form constituent assemblies from the respective groups.
Q.2. Mention two proposals of the Wavell plan.
Ans. Proposals of the Wavell plan:-
- The Executive Council would consist mainly of Indians except the post of the viceroy and the commander in chief.
- Hindus and Muslims would be given equal representation in the viceroy's executive council.
- The Constitution of India would be framed by Indians themselves.
- The power to the Veto would be in the hands of the viceroy.
Q.3. State two reasons given by the Cabinet Mission for rejecting the demand for a separate state of Pakistan.
Ans. The two reasons were:-
- Partition would involve dislocation of communal lines.
- It would involve decision of armed forces on command lines.
- Creation of Pakistan was not possible because its two parts would be separated by 700 miles.