Q1. What is the meaning of fascism?
Ans. fascism means autocracy or dictatorship where the power of the state is vested in one man only and it is obligatory for all the others to obey his orders. It has been derived from the Italian word ‘fasico’. It is symbolized by civic unity and the authority of roman officials to punish wrongdoers.
Q2. state two underlying principles of fascism.
Ans. Underlying Principles of fascism are :-
- Opposition not tolerated.
- One party system, controlled by a dictator.
- Very Nationalistic.
- Concept of the state as the only supreme power.
Q3. Curve out two similarities in the foreign policies of Mussolini and Hitler.
Ans. two similarities in the foreign policies of Mussolini and Hitler are:-
- Imperialistic policies along with expansionist policies.
- Aggressive Nationalism and anti-communism.
Q4. state the factors responsible for the rise of Fascism.
Ans:- Factors responsible for the rise of Fascism are as follows:-
- Discontentment after the treaty of Versailles.
- Economic crisis.
- Political instability.
- Class conflicts.
- Threat of socialism and communism.
- Failure of the league of nations.
- Leadership provided by Mussolini.
Q5. Name the countries that formed the axis bloc, during World War II.
Ans. The countries that formed the axis bloc during world war II were Germany, Italy and Japan.
Q6. State the significance of the policy of appeasement as a cause of the second world war.
Ans. 1. Appeasement meant accepting the hostile demands of an aggressive nation to gain peace.
- Britain and France followed the policy of appeasement towards dictatorial countries like Germany and Italy because they felt that the dictators had a real cause of grievance due to the humiliating terms of the treaty of Versailles.
- Hitler considered it as a great sign of weakness of the allied powers and began his plan to attack which resulted in the second world war. The compromise was the sign of great weakness.
Q7. give the reason as to why japan invaded china?
Ans. reason as to why japan invaded china are:-
- Japan’s policy of expansion. (policy of imperialism).
- Japan was determined to dominate the far east.
- Japan's ambition for more conquests and more wealth increased after the first world war. Japan was not satisfied with only Manchuria.
Q8. Why did Hitler demand the Danzig corridor from Poland?
Ans. Hitler demand the Danzig corridor from Poland because:-
- Most Germans lived in Danzig.
- Hitler could link east Russia with Germany through Danzig.
Q9. What is capitalism?
Ans. A type of government under which means production is controlled by private individuals.
Q10. What is meant by the term ‘Axis Powers’?
Ans. During the Second World War Germany, Italy and Japan came to be known as the Axis powers. These were far off countries, but still, they got united to pursue a policy of aggression in Europe, Asia and Africa.